A confidential meeting between disputing parties and a trained, neutral mediator who guides a discussion of issues toward a mutually acceptable agreement. Mediators do not take sides or decide how a dispute should be resolved.
Why should you try mediation?
1. It works - 85% agreement rate.
2. It's satisfying - you control outcome.
3. It's cost effective - avoids expense of litagation.
4. It's fast - can be scheduled in 7-10 days.
5. It's convenient - sites in the community.
6. It's confidential - keeps disputes private.
7. It prevents disputes from escalating into violence.
8. It's flexible - can be used before, during, or after a case has been filed in court.
9. It's established - provided by the San Diego Mediation Center, the largest provider of alternative dispute resolution services in the San Diego region since 1983.
10. It's clear - You have nothing to lose.
Disputes that can be mediated
- Neighborhood: noise, parking lifestyles
Landlord/Tenant: rent, security deposits, repairs
- Family: divorce and custody, parent/teen differences
- Community Associations: governance, maintenance
- Business: consumer complaints, employment issues
- Real Estate: property lines, sales, leases
- Other: personal injury, public policy
Contact the National Conflict Resolution Center.
625 Broadway, Suite 1221